NOW HIRING: DIRECTOR OF SALES
The Lead is a media company that bridges the fashion, retail, and consumer industry with global silicon valley through research, publications, and executive events. We’re hiring a Director of Sales who will be instrumental in growing The Lead’s media and events sponsorship revenue. The ideal candidate thrives in a fast-paced environment, has a passion for developing and expanding client relationships, and possesses the ability to create new opportunities and close them.
The Director of Sales will report to The Head of Sales and work closely with the Customer Success Team for the execution of operational sponsorship deliverables.
- Meet and exceed individual and team sales targets
- Manage and build relationships within a wide variety of technology and service providers
- Identify, prospect, and close new and existing business opportunities
- Develop and complete sales campaigns
- Respond to customer inquiries quickly and prioritize activities with prospects at different stages in the sales process
- Utilize Salesforce to track and report account activity accurately and promptly
- Oversee customer relationships from prospect through event execution
- Work collaboratively with Head of Sales and cross-functional departments
- Stay informed on industry trends and engage with the retail tech industry
Skills & Experience
- Smart and a quick learner who is comfortable in a fast-paced, high growth, entrepreneurial environment
- Have 4+ years of sales experience in new business and/or retention, ideally in technology (SaaS) and/or technology events. Familiarity with the retail technology landscape a plus.
An ability to operate independently, self-starter, and strong closer
- Demonstrated track record of managing sales processes from prospecting, selling, negotiation, and closing deals.
- Excel in developing new business and retaining existing business
- Ability to close sales within a deadline-driven environment
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Agile and able to pivot and prioritize different projects
- Have the ability to manage time and resources optimally
Interested in working at The Lead? Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or submit the form below and we will be in touch.